Monday 5 December 2011

World Accord Sustainability Event

Dr. David Suzuki and I at Borealis Grille & Bar
To celebrate the lauch of The Neightbour Group of Companies new carbon footprint reducing program, "No Plan B", a dinner event was planned at the Borealis Grille & Bar.

David Suzuki, 'the most trusted man in Canada' and CBC's 'greatest living Canadaian', was asked to be the speaker for the event.  I was fortunate enough to attend this even with my grandfather, Paul Day. He was attending the event to network and talk with local envirnmentalists and politicians

It was a blast being along and just hiding in the background talking to environmentalists and a conservation farmer (conservation farming is a step above organic). Everyone at the event was incredibly passionate about what they do and the networking and knowledge I got out of it is beyond priceless.

In the end I did get to meet David Suzuki, who is just like he is portrayed to be. Very humble, gracious, and patient. He took a genuine interest in what I plan on doing in the future and suggested an idea for it as well. An idea I am still thinking over.

Though there were politics involved and who ever payed the most was given the most time to talk to Suzuki, I did enjoy the evening. Meeting "the man most Canadian women would choose to be with on a deserted island‟  (according to McLean's magazine), was an amazing bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment